Sac State University Policy Manual

Policy Administrator: Vice President for Administration
Authority: CAM 563.4
Effective Date: July 1, 1999
Index Cross-References:
Policy File Number: UMA00300.htm



All persons injured on campus should be directed or taken to the University Health Center for emergency treatment. In urgent situations not requiring an ambulance, the University Director of Health Services or a University physician may request the University Police to transfer an individual to a hospital or other local treatment facility. When the University Health Center is closed, call the University Police.


All accidents occurring on campus must be reported within 24 hours on campus E.H.S. Form #1. This applies to on-the-job accidents and student, visitor, and other non-job-related accidents.


The repository for all documents regarding illness, injuries, and accidents, including reports, copies of legal actions, claims, Board of Control rulings, etc. is the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.  The repository for documents regarding Worker's Compensation is the Office of Faculty and Staff Affairs.


The Environmental Health and Safety Officer is responsible for notifying the Division of Industrial Accidents and the Chancellor's Office of employee deaths.  The Chancellor's Office authorizes payment of death benefits.