Academic Council on International Programs (ACIP)
Roxanne Robbin, Chair
Faculty Representative: 1
- Kazue Masuyama, Foreign Languages (A&L), term ends 2016
Term of Service: 3 years, 6 years maximum
Membership Criteria: One member will be appointed by each campus of the CSU according to procedures developed by its local Academic Senate. Appointees must be either tenured, or tenure-track, members of the teaching faculty, or hold an academic/administrative appointment, and should have demonstrated their interests in international/intercultural education through personal participation in activities such as:
- The CSU International Programs (IP), for example through advising and selecting student participants
- Exchange programs
- Campus affiliation with overseas universities
- Global education/internationalization of the curriculum
- Governance of overseas study programs
- Interaction with foreign students
- Fulbright, or other international scholarship programs
- Other significant overseas experience
Term of Appointment: The period of appointment for members of the ACIP other than student members shall be three academic years. Incumbent members may be reappointed for one additional three-year term; they may not serve more than six consecutive years.
Appointment Procedures: Impending vacancies on the ACIP will be reported to the chairs of the appropriate campus academic senates by October 31 each year. Appointments (and reappointments) of members will be announced by CSU campuses by February 1 of the final year of an appointment, and will become effective on July 1.