Support Page Content
Call for Applications is Now Open
Faculty applications for the 2022 Summer Teaching Institute are due Wed, March 2nd, 2022 before 5pm
Apply if you are interested in:
- Redesigning curriculum to incorporate equitable practices
- Practicing strategies to support multiple pathways for student success
- Identify learning opportunities in your curriculum to develop student career readiness.
What resources will the Summer Teaching Institute Provide?
- Opportunities for critical reflection on student engagement, learning strategies, alternative assessments, and technology tools.
- Instruction and implementation practice with active learning strategies and technology tools.
- Hardware and software instructional technologies. Faculty may have the choice of either an iPad Pro, a MacBook, or a PC-Based Device (model TBD)!**
The Summer Teaching Institute is a yearlong commitment to attend the following virtual program events:
- Summer Institute: May 23, 24, 25, and 26, 2022 | 2-3 hour synchronous per day plus asynchronous activities
- Workshop Day: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Showcase Day: Friday, March 10, 2023; 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Eligibility and Priority Consideration:
- All full-time and part-time Sacramento State faculty employed in the current academic year are eligible.
- Priority consideration may be given to tenure track and tenured professors, lecturer faculty with multi-year contracts, and applicants with compelling project proposals.
Application Questions include:
- Information about the course or courses you plan to redesign
- What parts of your course materials, teaching strategies, or grading policies are you interested in challenging to improve equity and accessibility in your course?
- What type of career-ready skills are a part of your current course? (If you don’t have any yet that’s ok, just let us know that too!)
**While we do try to offer a choice of device, we may need to modify our options based on availability and campus refresh policies. Additionally, starting in Fall 2022, incoming students will be provided with iPads as part of the CSUCCESS Initiative (California State University Connectivity Contributing to Equity and Student Success).
For questions about accessibility or to request reasonable accommodations, please contact Som Sayasone at firstname.lastname@example.org at least five (5) business days in advance or as soon as possible.
Contact the Center for Teaching & Learning • 916.278.5945 • email@example.com