Support Page Content
Summer Teaching Institute
Call for Applications is Now Open
Faculty applications for the 2023 Summer Teaching Institute are due Mon, February 27, 2023 before 5pm
Apply if you are interested in:
- Practicing strategies to support student engagement and belonging
- Developing active and experiential learning opportunities within the classroom and community
- Redesigning curriculum to be culturally responsive and inclusive
- Hardware and software instructional technologies for your course redesign. Faculty will have the choice of either an iPad Pro, a MacBook, or a PC-Based Device (model TBD).
The Summer Teaching Institute is a yearlong commitment to attend the following virtual program events:
- Summer Institute
- May 22, 23, 24, and 25, 2023
- 2-3 hour synchronous per day plus asynchronous activities
- Workshop Day
- Tuesday, January 16, 2024
- 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Showcase Day
- Friday, March 8, 2024
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Eligibility and Priority Consideration:
- All full-time and part-time Sacramento State faculty employed in the current academic year are eligible.
- Priority consideration may be given to tenure track and tenured professors, lecturer faculty with multi-year contracts, and applicants with compelling project proposals.
Application Questions include:
- Information about the course or courses you plan to redesign
- What parts of your course materials, teaching strategies, or grading policies are you interested in changing to promote student engagement and belongingness?
- How might your course redesign include collaborations with campus resources and/or the community? (If you don’t have any yet that’s ok, just let us know that too!)
For questions about accessibility or to request reasonable accommodations, please contact Som Sayasone at email@example.com at least five (5) business days in advance or as soon as possible.
Contact the Center for Teaching & Learning • 916.278.5945 • firstname.lastname@example.org