Support Page Content
Final Exam Schedule
Final Exam Schedule 2022-2023
Final Exam Management
- No final exams shall be held on Fridays during Spring terms due to conflicts with Commencement.
- Consult the course syllabus for the final exam date and time or one day courses not listed above, all summer courses, courses with special session dates, and courses without room assignments.
- Final exams for one day courses, not listed above, will follow the final exam schedule unless the course syllabus states otherwise.
- Classes that start within the day(s) and start hours listed above, but before the next class start time group will hold their final exam on the relevant exam date and time.
- For example, a class start time on MWF or MW, 7:00 a.m. through 7:59 a.m. will hold their final exam on the relevant Monday exam date, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.; the MWF class start time from 9:00 a.m. through 9:59 a.m. will hold their final exam on the relevant Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., and so on.
- All Saturday only afternoon classes will follow the 12:00 p.m. final exam schedule.
- Classes meeting four or five days a week will follow the MWF schedule.
- Examination hours for classes involving lecture and laboratories or quiz sections are determined by the hours scheduled for the lecture.
- Final exams, including major section exams offered in lieu of a final exam, may not be scheduled during the last week of classes.
- However, quizzes, lab exams, and other academic assignments may be scheduled for the last week of classes, provided they are specified on the course syllabus.
- No unscheduled (i.e. not included in the course syllabus) or additional requirements may be imposed on students during the last week of classes.
- Any exceptions that necessitate giving a final prior to final exam week must be stated on the course syllabus and shall require prior approval of the dean.
Contact the Office of Space Management at (916) 278-6507 or email@example.com concerning final exam schedules and requests for room reservations for final exams. If a faculty conflict with a regular exam date and time occurs, the department office shall contact Space Management to schedule a room according to the conflict exam date and time listed in the Exceptions section above.