Support Page Content
Payroll & Check Disbursement
The Bursar's Office is responsible for the disbursement of all University Payroll checks.
Sacramento State has now transitioned to virtual operations where feasible. Our office is currently not open to the public, with the exceptions listed below.
Payroll Check Disbursement
|Category of Payee||Date of Issuance||Where to Pick Up|
|Staff and Faculty||Generally the 30th of each month||
Bursar's Office - Lassen Hall 1001*
*Unless otherwise noted
Disbursement dates and hours listed below
|Student||Generally the 15th of each month|
|Hourly Intermittent||Generally the 15th of each month|
Upcoming Disbursement Dates
We will be open for limited hours on the payroll disbursement days (listed below) as well as Wednesdays from 9am-11am in Lassen 1001, unless otherwise noted.
Picking up your check in person:
- You are required to wear a face mask per state mandate, and practice physical distancing when you arrive.
- Please bring your OneCard or other form of photo ID. And please bring your own pen to sign for your check.
|Fri May 14||Lassen Hall, 1001
|Students, Hourly, Overtime, Shift Differential, Stipend, Emergency Pay|
|Fri May 28||Lassen Hall, 1001
|Please visit Payroll's website for the full payroll calendar|
Direct Deposit Information
Current Direct Deposit recipients
- If you are currently set up for direct deposit, you can view your pay warrant information through the Employee Center. Please note that direct deposit pay stubs are no longer being generated by the State Controller’s Office.
- The SCO has produced an on-line self service portal called Cal Employee Connect (CEC) that allows employees to view and print their own direct deposit advices, earnings statements, and W-2’s.
Please visit the instructions below to see how to register for the CEC portal.
Sign up for Direct Deposit
- Due to Covid-19 altering campus operations, all employees are strongly encouraged to sign up for direct deposit.
- To sign up, visit the Payroll Services forms website and complete the Direct Deposit (New & Change) form.
- This is an Adobe Sign form that will be sent directly to Payroll Services for processing (see instructions).
- *Please note that it can take four to six weeks for the State Controller’s Office to establish your direct deposit*
Having your live check mailed to you
- If you have already submitted a request for mailing, you do not need to do it again.
- Those who wish to have their paycheck mailed to them must complete the Temporary Mailing of Paycheck Request form found HERE.
Note: this form is an electronic Adobe Signature form that will be sent to Payroll Services department for processing.
Petty Cash Disbursement
The Bursar's Office is responsible for the disbursement of all Petty Cash reimbursements, however due to the campus closure, all reimbursement requests should be submitted to the Accounts Payable office through the Direct Pay process.
When normal campus operations resume, please refer to the following process-
An approved Petty Cash form with original receipts, is required. [see Bursar's section of ABA forms page for appropriate forms]
Prior to completing the required form, please review the University Petty Cash Policy.
Travel Check Disbursement
The Bursar's Office is responsible for the disbursement of all University Travel checks for faculty and staff.
- Travel Advances: Pick-up in Lassen Hall 1001
- Travel Reimbursements: Mailed to home address