Support Page Content
Moving Services, Custodial, Grounds, and Recycling
Facilities Management provides routine maintenance and services for the preservation, protection and upkeep of all publicly-owned and operated buildings. We are committed to providing the University with a safe, productive, and attractive campus.
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday : As needed (additional fees will be charged at overtime rates)
Customer Service: (916) 278-6242
Event Rentals requests for Tables/Chairs only must be submitted via the Tables and Chairs Form below. Upon receipt of the request, the Moving Services Manager will determine if the work can be completed by in-house university movers (university expense) or through contract movers (customer expense).
All other moving requests must be submitted via the Customer Service Request Form below. Upon receipt of the request, the Moving Services Manager will determine if the work can be completed by in-house university movers (university expense) or through contract movers (customer expense).
- Baseline Maintenance Services (Facilities Management Funded)
- Customer Support Services (Department Funded/Chargeback)
Custodial Services is responsible for cleaning activities in all general-fund supported university facilities. This professional staff maintains a safe and healthy setting for students, faculty, staff and guests in pursuit of our education mission. Typical services include:
- Carpet cleaning & spot removal
- Floor care
- Stocking sanitary supplies
- Collecting and disposing of refuse
- Emergency cleanups
Grounds & Landscape Services
Grounds and Landscaping Services is responsible for maintaining 170 landscaped acres and over 3,000 trees. We also have responsibility for maintaining walkways and parking improvements. Grounds and Landscape Services trims, irrigates, cleans, fertilizes, provides pest control, and renovates campus site improvements that encompass:
- Over 3,000 trees, comprising 250 species
- 93 acres of lawn/turf
- 16 acres of shrubs and ground cover
- More than 21 miles of campus walkways
- 60 acres of parking lots
- 25 acres of undeveloped space
- Irrigation systems comprising 5 well pumps, 7 zone controllers, 750 valves, and 12,000 sprinklers heads