Support Page Content
CSU Learn & Required Training
What is CSU Learn?
CSU Learn is an online learning management system (LMS) provided by SumTotal/Skillsoft.
- All Sac State employees access CSU Learn to complete their mandatory compliance trainings.
- CSU Learn also offers more than 11,000 courses + 22,000 books + 65,000 videos on leadership development, business skills, technology and developer tools, and career journeys.
CSU Learn Resources
Mandatory Compliance Training
Employees of Sacramento State are required to complete mandatory trainings to remain in compliance with federal and/or state law, and CSU policy. There are several compliance trainings that are required of all Sac State employees. In addition, employees may be assigned additional trainings based on their role and duties.
The button below outlines the multiple mandatory compliance trainings assigned to employees, when they are assigned, how long employees have to take the trainings, and how often the trainings must be repeated.
Mandatory trainings are auto-assigned by CSU Learn, and employees receive emails from the system with training links and instructions. Employees receive email reminders until the course is recorded as completed. When an employee is due to complete a training again (called recertification), the employee will receive an email from CSU Learn approximately 30 days prior to the expiration date of the certifcation, and each week until it is completed. In the event certification expires, the employee will receive expiration notices with requests to complete the course to remain in compliance.
This list will be updated as needed to comply with applicable laws and/or CSU policies.
CSU Learn Access
Browser advisory: Use only Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to access CSU Learn. Do not use Internet Explorer, Safari, or Microsoft Edge. Using browsers other than Chrome and Firefox may result in the system not registering training completion.
- Employees are notified of their assigned trainings through emails automatically generated by CSU Learn. Links and instructions are included in these emails. View a sample email from CSU Learn.
- Using Chrome or Firefox, employees may log in to My Sac State at any time, and click on the CSU Learn button in the Employee Center.
- Using Chrome or Firefox, access CSU Learn. Upon clicking the link, employees may be taken to the CSU log-in screen first. If this occurs, select Sacramento from the drop-down menu, then log in using your Sac State credentials.
Help with CSU Learn
Employees can find answers to commonly asked questions about CSU Learn in the online ServiceNow library and guides below:
- Access for New Sac State Employees
- Access for Sac State Student Assistants
- Access for Auxiliary Student Assistants
- Access for Campus Volunteers
Using CSU Learn
- CSU Learn Guides and Tutorials
- How to Use CSU Learn (including steps to log-in, launch and start trainings)
- How to Register for a Curriculum
- The Difference Between "Retake" or "Review" Training in CSU Learn
- Manager Dashboard - Monitor Compliance Training Progress for Your Direct Reports
Transcripts and Completion Certificates
To request assistance with CSU Learn, please use the online form and a team member will contact you shortly.