California State University, Sacramento

Based on real user feedback and statistics, no longer supports Microsoft’s Internet Explorer browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Skip to Main Content

Concur Travel Accounts Payable & Travel

Support Page Content

Expense Reporting Through Concur

Concur Expense may be used to submit the following report types.

  • In-State Employee Travel
  • Out-of-State Employee Travel
  • International Employee Travel

Expense Resources

Expense FAQs

  • Will someone else be able to create my expense report on my behalf? Yes. A delegate can create expense reports on a traveler's behalf. The delegate can create the reports, but the traveler is required to submit it. This replaces the signature requirement. This can be done via a smartphone, which should decrease the processing time/reimbursement time.
  • What should I do with my original receipts? Employees should keep original receipts until the report is fully approved and reimbursement received. In case the scanned/faxed receipts cannot be read, you will be able to re-attach them to the report in Concur Expense. Receipts will no longer be stored in the Central Files because all receipts are scanned and attached to the reports in Concur Expense.
  • What if I have expenses charged to my Visa Travel Card, but they are not in Concur Travel and Expense to attach to my expense report? You should wait to submit those expenses until you do see them in the tool and can match them to a report. Do not enter the expenses manually since the payment will NOT go to US Bank as it should. Some vendors do not submit charge card expenses timely and there could be as much as week delay.
  • When will my travel charges post to CFS? All expenses will be extracted from Concur Travel and Expense and posted to CFS after the expense report is fully approved and paid.
  • What are e-Receipts in Concur? e-Receipts are electronic itemized receipts that can be accepted in lieu of a scanned or attached receipt file. Employees are able to receive e-Receipts for transactions from vendors who have an e-Receipt agreement with Concur.
  • How do I enable e-Receipts in Concur? To enable e-Receipts, employees must login to Concur. Click the Profile tab to view your profile options, and then select E-Receipt Activation. The E-Receipt Activation and User Agreement window will open. Read the agreement and then click “I Agree” to complete the e-Receipt activation.
  • Can an e-receipt be sent to someone's personal e-mail address? No, e-receipts cannot be sent an e-mail address. The e-receipt is accessible through the Receipt Store in Concur. Once the e-receipt is attached to an expense, it will be viewable through the Expense Report.
  • How far back are records kept in the system of past trips and expense trips? The traveler can view back at least 12 months of their own expense reports.
  • Some registrations still require a check be provided and do not accept credit cards. How should this expense be paid for? Direct Payment Request (DPR). Cost should be added to Expense Report and noted as University Paid.
  • Will my delegate be able to submit my expense report? The traveler must make the first submission, but delegates may submit if it is returned for changes.

Expense Quick Guides