Support Page Content
Surplus Office Furniture Warehouse
The Surplus Office Furniture Warehouse is located on Arboretum Way across the street from Property & Receiving Services.
Using Surplus Property
Departments that have a requirement for reuse of furniture can view by calling the Property Department between the hours of 8:30 to 4:30 at ext. 87203 or 86015. The warehouse is not staffed and you will need to call for an appointment prior to coming to the warehouse.
Storing Surplus Property
If your department has surplus office furniture (Desk, office supplies, table, chair, file cabinet, book shelf, etc.) that you no longer want, please fill out a Facilities work request to have your items moved to the Surplus Office Furniture Warehouse.
All furniture moves require a Facilities work order request to have the Movers relocate your item(s). Any item over 30 days in the Warehouse that has not had a Facilities work order entered will be untagged and put back to surplus.
Intercampus Surplus Property
For On-campus Departments
- On campus departments can view available surplus property prior to the public auction for four (4) days prior to the items being made available to the public.
- There are no financial transactions with department transfers.
- If you would like to register for your department:
- Create an account with your Sacramento State University email address
- Use Registration Code: MAID 30 CLOD 39
Surplus Property Public Auction
After 4 days surplus items not acquired by other campus departments are listed for public sale through Public Surplus.
Campus employees can create a personal account using their personal email (do not use your work email or any email ending in @csus.edu) to purchase items that are for public sale.
All bidding and payments are made on the Public Surplus website. No personal payments will be made to the campus.
If you have any questions please contact Property Management at ext. 87203 or 86015.
Proceeds from sales will be distributed as follows:
- 50% to Property & Receiving Services for administration of sale.
- If specialized equipment is sold, the remaining 50% will be allocated to the department that originally purchased the equipment.
- If classroom furniture/equipment is sold, then the remaining 50% should be used by Space Management towards the purchase of new classroom furniture.
- Proceeds less than $50.00 will stay with Property & Receiving Services per Accounting Services request.