Support Page Content
Instructionally Related Activities
Instructionally Related Activities (IRA) fees are paid by students to provide support for essential educational experiences and activities that aid and supplement the fundamental mission of the University. Instructionally related programs may apply for funds that are generated by IRA fees by submitting proposals to the IRA Advisory Committee. The ASI President serves as chair, and the committee acts as the advising body to the President for IRA student fee allocation.
Policies and procedures regarding IRA allocations can be found in the University Policy Manual: ADM-0186, Instructionally Related Activities Fee Administration. The policy provides outlined guidance for IRA application procedures and provides additional transparency in regards to the allocation process. Furthermore, the updated application and allocation process aligns more closely with other campus grant procedures (ASI External Grant and UEI’s Campus Grants Program).
Program proposals for the 2020/2021 IRA cycle will be received February 10 – March 25, 2020. It is anticipated that programs will be contacted in April regarding questions about their applications (if applicable).
FY 2020-2021 Application Timeline
|Feb. 10 - Mar. 25||IRA Application Window (note updated deadline)|
Email scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit original hardcopy to Sacramento Hall 272.
|late March||IRA committee convenes to review applications|
|April to early May||IRA committee deliberates and makes recommendations for funding via VP/CFO to President.|
|May||President reviews, approves, or makes revisions to IRA Committee’s recommendations.
President’s final decision is submitted to VP/CFO Office.
|June||Allocation letters sent to Program Advisors.|
IRA Workshop dates and times for FY 2020/2021
Please note all IRA Workshops will be in Sacramento Hall, room 161. If you are not able to attend one of the pre-scheduled workshops, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Administration/CFO at email@example.com
Workshop Dates and Times
|Thursday, Feb. 13||2 - 3 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Feb. 19||11 - 12 p.m.|
|Friday, Feb. 21||9 - 10 a.m.|
|Monday, Feb. 24||3 - 4 p.m.|
Projected funds available to allocate for FY 2020/2021: $478,528
The projected amount available to allocate for the next fiscal year has been calculated based on census and budget projections. The table below identifies the past three years of data in regards to total amount of funds requested by programs, in addition to the actual amount allocated.
Historical IRA Allocation Amounts
|Fiscal Year||Total Amount Requested by Programs||Total Amount Available to Allocate|
Instructionally Related Activities Facts
- The total amount of IRA funds available to allocate will be released after the spring semester census. This amount will be publicly posted to allow for additional transparency.
- The rubric which the IRA Advisory Committee utilizes to review proposals is included in the IRA application packet.
- 10% of the total amount of IRA funds available to allocate (per fiscal year) will be reserved for new, approved programs.
- Program presentations, once part of the application process, will no longer be scheduled. If the IRA Advisory Committee has any questions regarding a program’s application, the advisor listed on the application will be contacted for clarification.
- Programs receiving IRA funding will be required to complete a post activity report which details how IRA funds were utilized as outlined in their respective program proposals. Programs which receive funds for FY 2019/20 and request for funding for FY 2020/21 must submit a Post Activity report in order to be considered for new funding.
- As requested by the President’s Office, a divisional Vice President signature will now be required on the IRA application. Please plan accordingly as late applications will not be accepted.
- For programs hiring student assistants utilizing IRA funds – starting FY 19/20, student assistants are required to be hired through main campus Human Resources.