Support Page Content
Register & Pay
Registering for Orientation
New students enrolling in Spring 2020 will attend orientation in early January. Orientation sessions are based on the student's major. Reservations are processed online via your MySacState account. Students who do not attend Orientation will not be permitted to enroll this Spring.
- Step One: Accept Admissions
- Step Two: Before you can register for Orientation, Admissions will need to verify information submitted to the University.
- Step Three: Log into MySacState
- Step Four: Click STUDENT CENTER in the center of the page.
- Step Five: Click New Student Orientation on the lower left side of the page and follow the directions.
Orientation sessions are based on the student's major. If a student’s major of interest has changed since he or she applied to Sac State, the student should select an orientation date based on his or her new major of interest. If a student needs to officially change their major, he or she can discuss that with an advisor during major advising.
- Step Six: Confirm your reservation, and make note of how to pay your orientation fee and print your parking permit. Students will receive an email confirmation of their reservation.
Paying for Orientation
Pay online OR by sending a check or money order with a copy of your confirmation page to: Sacramento State, New Student Orientation, 6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819. Make checks/money orders payable to Sacramento State. We cannot accept cash or credit cards the day of your Orientation. Cash can be accepted at the Bursar's Office prior to your Orientation session. To confirm your orientation date, orientation fees are due within seven days of placing your reservation.
Please note: Refunds can be given only if you request a cancellation in writing at least two business days in advance of your assigned date. You can email us your written cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be processed once a month. For changes in your reservations, call (916) 278-7841.
*A limited amount of financial assistance is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. This is for students who wish to attend but might otherwise be unable. Financial assistance does not apply to the guest. Orientation fee reduction request well be processed after your Orientation Reservation has been reserved. Fee reduction forms must be received and approved prior to your Orientation date.
Fee reduction forms will not be accepted on the day of Orientation. Contact (916)278-4794 for details.
|Registration Period||October 17 - December 3||October 17 - December 3|