Support Page Content
Emergency Notification System (ENS)
The safety of our Hornet Family is critically important, and the Sacramento State Emergency Notification System (ENS) automates delivery of urgent alerts from the Sacramento State Police Department to students, employees, and eligible participants in the event of a campus shooting, bomb threat, hazardous material spill, flood, fire, campus closure, or other event that may cause immediate harm.
ENS can distribute emergency alerts across multiple University-managed platforms, and to student/employee-provided personal contact information, including:
- Desktop alerts (on University-managed devices)
- Alert on the csus.edu home page
- Campus Alerts page (dedicated web page with information/links for both emergency and non-emergency alerts)
- Text messages (to personal mobile phone*)
- Phone calls (to business and personal mobile phone*)
- Emails (to SacLink account and personal email*)
- Official Sacramento State Twitter alerts @sacstate
- Audio alerts (Campus loudspeakers)
- Digital alerts (Digital signage on stand-alone campus kiosks, and TV monitors in the University Union, The Well, Library, AIRC, and Lassen, Mariposa, Sacramento and Tahoe Halls)
Alert messages include incident details, and may provide protective action recommendations. Additional notifications or updates may follow, and an “all-clear” message is sent when a threat has ended.
* By opting in your personal email address and mobile number to the ENS, you agree to receive email alerts and notifications via calls and text messages. Please review your carrier plan, as messaging rates may apply.
Primary ENS Eligibility
Are required to enroll in ENS, and automatically receive notifications through their SacLink email account and provided personal contact information. Prior to registration each semester, students must review/update this information in their Student Center on My Sac State.
Employees & Faculty
Automatically receive ENS notifications through their SacLink email account and business phone number, and are also strongly encouraged to add a personal mobile phone and email address to their Personal/Campus Directory on My Sac State to better ensure they can be reached by the ENS during an emergency.
Additional ENS Eligibility
Sacramento State Auxiliary staff
UEI, ASI, UU, CPR, OWP members are strongly encouraged to join ENS, and need to request a SacLink email account from the IRT Service Desk if they don’t currently have one.
Visiting Contractors & Volunteers
Are welcome to join ENS, and will need a SacLink email account requested by their campus sponsor from the IRT Service Desk.
Parents & Spouses
The ENS program supports current students, faculty, staff, and visitors with active SacLink accounts who would be immediately impacted by a campus emergency. ENS notifications for third parties such as parents and spouses is being planned.