Support Page Content
Community Service Officer Program
A dedicated staff composed of student employees who, while focusing on their education, also work to increase skills for a future career in anything related to communication.
Community Service Officers protect the people and property that make up Sacramento State by working as the eyes, ears, and bridge between sworn staff and members of the public.How To Apply
Qualifications & Desired Traits
- Currently enrolled in Sacramento State (at least 6 units as an undergraduate)
- Cumulative GPA over 2.0
- Availability to work at least 10 hours a week including weekends and night shifts
Qualified CSO's train new CSO candidates before they are assigned shifts.
- Be the “eyes and ears” for the Sacramento State Police Department
- Perform security checks around campus to maintain a visible presence
- Staff bike compounds around campus which give students, faculty, staff, and visitors a secure and safe area to store their eco-friendly transportation
- Perform vehicle lockouts for students, faculty, staff, and visitors
- Various administrative details that promote the core image of the Sacramento State Police Department such as speaking to first year and transfer students at orientation and speaking with members of the public at our bi-annual Coffee with the Cops event
- Bike registrations offered free to the public
- Provide security escorts to the campus community when the UTAPs Night Shuttle Program is not in operation (the UTAPs Night Shuttle Program operates Monday thru Thursday from 6pm to 11pm)
Apply To The Community Service Officer Program
- Currently Closed: Accepting future applications mid-Spring for Fall 2020!
- Application Start Date: [Currently Closed]
- Application Close Date: [Currently Closed]
Qualified applicants will be contacted via email and scheduled for an interview.
- All portions of the application must be completed and typed by the applicant or it will not be reviewed.
- Complete an Employment Application and return it to the Sacramento State Police Department in a 8.5 x 11" (LTR) envelope to:
Sacramento State Police Department
attn: Records Supervisor
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819
For questions regarding the employment application, contact us at (916) 278-5083, or email email@example.com.