About Public Health Survey Research Program
About The Public Health Survey Research Program
The Public Health Survey Research Program's (PHSRP) main focus is to conduct research that increases our understanding of people’s health behaviors and needs. Through our research, we provide policy makers with the data they require to make evidence-based decisions.
We provide researchers with a variety of services from survey development and programming, to database collection & management, and data analysis.
- To improve public health in California by conducting high-quality, policy impactful research.
- To support and extend the University’s research expertise and capabilities.
- To provide the opportunity for students to gain professional experience conducting research.
To be an accessible public health research resource for the public, Sacramento State, the state of California, and other researchers which provides an accurate and reliable representation of important health concerns in California.
To provide students the ability to expand their knowledge and learn in depth information about conducting research and working in a professional setting.
PHSRP provides high quality, public health research services for individuals and organizations. We are proud of the services that we provide here at PHRSP and welcome opportunities to partner with other researchers.
- Our bi-lingual, Computer Assisted Telephone Interview (CATI) call center can conduct a high volume of telephone interviews in a multitude of languages.
- Research development and implementation including early conceptualization, grant writing, questionnaire design, data collection, database management, and data analysis.
- Focus groups
- In person interviews and surveys
- Interviewer- or self-administered
- Internet and mobile research
- Mailed paper surveys
- Structured, semi-structured and open-ended interviews
- In person or by phone
- Evaluation studies
- Generalizable and geo-targeted sampling
- Multi-lingual research
Request Public Use Data
If you are interested in obtaining the publicly-available data housed by PHSRP for the California Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) or the California Women’s Health Survey (CWHS), complete and return the Data User Agreement. Although the form specifies BRFSS, simply specify CWHS data in the Data Use section.
Please refer to the questionnaires and codebook for information on which questions were utilized and which variables are available for each year of data.
Connect with Public Health Survey Research Program
Public Health Survey Research Program (PHSRP)
Folsom Hall, Room 2048
Phone: (916) 278-2080
Fax: (916) 278-2200