Support Page Content
Professional Pathways: Student Conversations with Business Leaders
We want to connect you with business leaders to help you learn more about how to navigate your next professional steps, expand your network and benefit from professional mentoring during this time and where available, make employment connections.
We are inviting you to engage with Business leaders in a virtual networking 'event' in one or more ways: via phone call, email exchange and/or Zoom/Teams/Skype conversations. By signing up, you will be matched with at minimum one Business professional for one 30-minute conversation; you and the business professional can continue beyond that if further connection is mutually desired.
- Applications to participate are due March 1st.
- Professional pairing(s) will be assigned in mid-March via student email.
- Students must initiate and complete their 30-minute conversations by May 1st, 2022.
This program is open to all Business Administration and Expressed Interest Business students.
Your responses will be compiled and utilized to determine best matches between you and Business Leaders based off both the student and professional registration forms. A combination of factors will be taken into account, most specifically shared topics of interest identified, industry/concentration areas and hiring interests.
Note: Professionals you are matched with may be in another field or industry than you are pursuing. The ability to make direct matches will be based off both student and employer registrations which we cannot predict in advance. We encourage everyone to have an open mind, as we know from experience, these professionals will still have great wisdom to share and be able to add value to your personal journey!
The COB Office of Student Engagement will form and communicate the paring(s) between Business Leaders and Business students.
Note: You must attend the Professional Pathways information session on Friday, March 11th from 11AM - noon over Zoom before your pairings will be emailed to you. A reminder email with the Zoom link will be sent to all registered participants after the March 1st registration deadline. If you are unable to attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org to attain a recording of the session afterwards.
Initial introductions will be made by email from the OSE to both the student and the Business Professional, to share contact info and preferred mode(s) of communication (phone, email or zoom) as identified by the registration information provided. You will receive a separate pairing email for each professional you are matched with if you are assigned more than one.
- The student should initiate contact with their professional paring(s) within 5 business days of pairing emails being disseminated.
- Students should reference the contact method preferred as provided in the paring email(s).
- Students and the business professional then should determine a day/time and method to connect.
- Conversations should be completed no later than May 1st, 2022.
- Note: It is at the discretion of the student and professional if they would like to continue further with any additional conversations outside of the one allotted for this program.
- Students should complete the Professional Pathways post-event survey after they have completed their conversation(s). This will be emailed out at a later date.
Registration for the Spring 2022 Professional Pathways must be completed by March 1, 2022 and all registrants must participate in the Professional Pathways information session on March 11, from 11 a.m. - 12 noon.
Are you an employer, industry professional or Alumni who would like to get involved? Please use the link below to register.