Support Page Content
Reinvent Ed Pitch Competition
- Theme A: The Pandemic
- Theme B: Antiracist Education
Do you have a great idea to Reinvent ED for one of this year's themes? We want to hear it. The Carlsen Center has set up a series of workshops helping you put together a video pitch for your idea to Reinvent ED. Apply for the workshop series, work with the Carlsen Center to refine your pitch idea, then pitch the final concept to the COE judges. The workshop series is not mandatory, just an added resource. The first place choice will be awarded $500. Entries can be from teams or individuals but must include at least one COE student. All entries will be submitted in video format.
- To encourage COE students, faculty, and staff to apply innovative thinking to solve real-world problems.
- To accomplish learning objectives around inter-disciplinary research, critical thinking, creativity in solving a problem, persuasive presentations, team work and networking with stakeholders and employers.
- To gain practical experience in building a case for a social impact venture or educational institution. In the process, they will network with stakeholders, employers, and startup founders of the region.
- To prepare COE students, faculty, and staff in articulating their idea in a business model or social impact venture
- The pitch entries are expected to be primarily built around innovation that solves a real-world problem for one of this year's themes: The pandemic or antiracist education.
- The competition is aimed at the early idea stage and there is no expectation of having a piloted or market-tested product or service to enter this competition.
Who can participate?
- The pitch competition is open to all COE students, faculty, and staff in all departments within the college.
- Partners from other colleges or outside the university are encouraged.
Date: November 6th, 2020
Time: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Place: Virtual platform
Prizes: First prize = $500
Entry Deadline: October 23rd
Additional information for the event, guidelines, and rubric are below: