About Center for Information Assurance & Security
About The Center
The Center for Information Assurance and Security is housed within the College of Engineering and Computer Science at California State University, Sacramento.
The mission of the center is to advance knowledge of information assurance and security practices through:
- Education, training, and awareness programs in information assurance and security issues and practices.
- Applied research in information assurance and security.
- Developing interdisciplinary programs in information assurance and security.
- Outreach programs to assist our community, including community colleges, K-12 schools, industry, and government in information assurance and security issues.
- Forming collaboration with other education, research, industry, and government institutions as partners.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science's Center for Information Assurance and Security (CIAS) is a designated National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) Education. This designation is jointly sponsored by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the spirit of Presidential Decision Directive 63. To receive the designation, the center had to meet stringent criteria in regards to the curriculum, faculty, research, and demonstrate an institution-wide commitment to information assurance practices and education. NSA/DHS national CAE in Cyber Defense designated institutions
Education and Research in Information Assurance
The Center for Information Assurance and Security is deeply involved in numerous security or privacy research and education projects, such as network & distributed system security, intrusion detection, vulnerability analysis, access control, efficient and provably secure symmetric cryptography, secure programming, social computing, cloud computing, cyber situation awareness, etc. Contact Prof. Jun Dai for more details.
CSUS and ECS Security
Information Security Plans:
Connect with [Name]
Department of Computer Science
Riverside Hall, Room 3018
Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Phone: (916) 278-6834