Support Page Content
Supplemental Application Dates
2024 Spring Term
Application Dates: September 1 - October 16, 2023
The application period for the 2024 Spring term is closed. Admission notifications will be sent to your Sac State email address.
- Current Sac State Students: You will receive your notification in late October - early November before your Spring registration begins.
- Incoming Transfer Students: You will receive your notification in late November before your Spring registration begins.
2024 Fall Term
Application Dates: February 1 - March 15, 2024
Your next opportunity to join the Criminal Justice major is the 2024 Fall Term. You must be accepted at Sac State before you can submit the supplemental application.
- You must have all the prerequisites completed in order to be accepted into the major.
- Current Sac State students and transfer students without an AS-T/AD-T degree: Your application will be denied if you apply with prerequisites that are incomplete or in-progress.
- Transfer students with and AS-T/AD-T degree: You must indicate your AS-T/AD-T degree when you apply to Sac State in order to have prerequisites that are in progress.
You must meet the following criteria prior to submitting the application:
- Overall GPA of 2.6 or higher
- Completion of 45 units
- All prerequisite coursework completed with a grade of C or better. Grades of a C minus or lower do not qualify.
- In-progress coursework is only accepted if you are a transfer student with declared Administration of Justice for Transfer major (AS-T / AD-T degree) at a community college.
The prerequisite courses are:
- CRJ 1 Introduction to Criminal Justice and Society
- CRJ 2 Law of Crimes
- CRJ 4 General Investigative Techniques
- CRJ 5 The Community and the Justice System
Visit Applying to the Major for more information.
Where do I find the application?
The Supplemental Application form is found in your MySacState> Student Center, in the box labeled "Forms". We recommend switching to full site mode.
What's on the application?
The Supplemental Application is a short form. It asks for the following information about the four prerequisite classes:
- Course Abbreviation and Number
- CRJ 1, CRJ 2, CRJ 4, CRJ 5 if taken at Sac State
- The name of the equivalent articulated class if taken at a community college or another four-year university
- The school where you took them
- The grades you received
- The term you took them
- Number of units received for each course