Support Page Content
Application information for these departmental scholarships are available through your MySacState Student Center:
- The J.R. Needy Foundation Scholarship: Created in the memory and spirit of the professional dedication of Dr. J.R. "Shocky" Needy, offers up to two $1,000 scholarships to RPTA undergraduate and graduate majors.
Judy M. Quattrin Community Recreation Student Scholarship
This scholarship is meant to recognize RPTA students who have made a difference in communities by creating and implementing innovative recreation programs to enrich the lifestyles of children and adults. The Judy M. Quattrin scholarship offers one $1,000 scholarship to RPTA undergraduate majors.
Skål International Sacramento Scholarship
This scholarship is to support undergraduate students interested in pursuing careers in the tourism, hospitality and commercial recreation industries. The Skal scholarship offers one $500 scholarship to RPTA undergraduate majors.
Shirley Kammeyer Memorial Recreational Therapy Scholarship
This scholarship honors the contributions of Dr. Shirley Kammeyer, former Department Chair and faculty member in RPTA for over 20 years. The scholarship of $500 is intended to assist students graduating in Recreational Therapy as they move into their final internship semester.
- California Park & Recreation Society District II, which includes the Sacramento region. For more information and for deadlines, go to: www.cprs.org and search for "District II" scholarships.
- California Foundation for Parks & Recreation (CFPR): Annual awards of approximately 15 scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students in parks, recreation, and leisure. Award amounts are generally between $1,000 and $2,000. Awards will be announced in January and recipients will receive their scholarship and be recognized at the annual CPRS Conference and Expo held in March. Information & Application
- Sacramento Hotel Association College Student Scholarship Program.
- California Hotel & Lodging Association Education Foundation (CH&LAEF): Scholarship Opportunities Information & Application
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation (AHLEF) Scholarships
- California Lodging Industry Association (CLIA) Scholarships
- CSU Hospitality & Tourism Alliance.
- American Therapeutic Recreation Association Peg Connolly Scholarship: Named in honor of Dr. Peg Connolly, the first ATRA president and former Executive Director of the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification, provides tremendous personal benefits and rewards. Students that are awarded this scholarship must be able to attend the ATRA Annual Conference. Information. Students must be a member of ATRA to apply.
- ATRA Annual Scholarship: Scholarship provides financial support to RT students who to wish to attend the ATRA Annual conference. Awards vary up to $500 and are based on the applicant's job, financial need, and benefits of professional development available to the applicant. For more information contact Dr. Brent Wolfe, ATRA Executive Director, at (703) 23-4140.