Support Page Content
Participating in Research for Course Credit
There is a research requirement for PSYC 2, 4, & 8 courses, designed to provide students with some understanding of the methods and procedures used to conduct psychological research. To satisfy this requirement, students must complete research work by either participating in actual psychology research studies conducted by Psychology faculty and students or completing an alternative writing assignment.
PSYC 2 and 8 students are required to complete 3 hours of research participation for each class.
PSYC 4 students are required to complete 2 hours of research participation.
- Click on the link for detailed instructions for this assignment.
To complete the required hours, participants must:
- Register at the Psychology Research website and sign up for study participation. Contact the Psychology Research website administrator if there are problems registering to the site.
- Show up for appointments with the 5-digit participant ID number handy.
- Complete required number of research hours.
- Monitor credit earnings online and make sure requirements are met by the last day of the semester. Studies are rarely available during finals week.
Alternative Writing Assignment
Students not wishing to participate in research have the option of completing an alternative writing assignment. Students who complete this assignment will demonstrate their understanding of research methods by reviewing reports of research studies that have recently been published in Psychology research journals.
This alternative writing assignment contains three parts. All parts must be completed satisfactorily in order to receive credit. Carefully follow the detailed instructions for the assignment.
Contact Dr. Schudson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Due Date: Friday, December 1st
- Make sure you are signed into your CSUS Office365 account when submitting your Alternative Research Assignment.