Support Page Content
About Inclusive Excellence
Welcome to the Division of Inclusive Excellence!
The Division of Inclusive Excellence is responsible for ensuring that Sacramento State’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion is both embedded throughout our University and communicated to the larger Sacramento community.
We envision a day when... accessibility and inclusion are foundational to the infrastructure, policy, and practices throughout our campus.
We envision a day when...Sacramento State is a place of belonging for all students, faculty, staff, and community members.
We envision a day when...Our campus is free from all forms of bias, discrimination, and hierarchies of human value.
We envision a day when...The exchange of ideas does not harm, yet builds character, bridges misunderstanding, bolsters innovation, and empowers and uplifts our humanity.
We envision a day when...Every individual who has graced the Sac State campus will be an ambassador for antiracism and anti-oppression, a champion for diversity, equity, and inclusion, and an agent of change that impacts the entire Sacramento region and beyond.
- Hard truth
- Never take your eyes off the North Star
- Measure twice and cut once
- Do no harm to self or others
- Call people into the work, not out
- Change predictable and historic inequities and measure impact
Inclusive Excellence partners with stakeholders across the campus and in the community to:
- Hold our University and ourselves accountable for making equity-centered decisions and policies
- Utilize frameworks, grounded in theory, that advance our goals of diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Provide toolkits, guidelines, interventions, and resolutions to address common and emerging equity, inclusion, and belonging dilemmas
- Pursue liberatory praxis towards greater academic excellence and student success