About Communities of Practice
What is it?
An Inclusive Excellence Community of Practice (CoP) is a group of people who share a common interest in addressing predictable and historic inequities and applied practice on a specific topic or diversity, equity, and inclusion dilemma.
- Sharing best practices through networking, mentoring, and sponsorship;
- Building social, navigational, and political capital;
- Advancing professional practice, and building pipelines to close equity gaps in leadership, opportunities, and access
Benefits of Communities of Practice
- Executive sponsorship through the Division of Inclusive Excellence
- Opportunities to connect to national and local networks and conferences
- Visibility and webpage presence on the Division of Inclusive Excellence website
- University provided email address
- Relationship building in a collaborative environment, connectivity, and participation in a host of community-based activities
- Ability to reserve space and access university resources and participate in university sponsored events
- Alignment with signature initiatives such as antiracism and inclusive, anchor, student success, and strategic planning