Support Page Content
Sacramento State provides a world-class education in the heart of California’s capital. The University is home to some of the top programs, centers, scholars, and students in the country, collectively comprising an environment of growth and learning where students, faculty, and staff come to redefine the possible.
By The Numbers
- Sacramento State is the fourth most diverse university in the western United States. (U.S. News and World Report, 2019)
- Sacramento State is a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian-American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI), and the University ranks 36th in the nation in the number of Hispanics who graduate from the University with bachelor’s degrees. (The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine, 2014)
- Sacramento State ranks 20th overall out of all public universities in the western United States. (U.S. News and World Report, 2019)
- There is one faculty member for every 27 students at Sacramento State, and undergraduate classes averaged just 34 seats in 2014. (The University Fact Book, Fall 2014)
- Home to more than 3,500 trees, Sac State is a Tree Campus USA, having held the distinction since 2013. (The Arbor Day Foundation)
- In 2020, Sac State was one of just 119 U.S. colleges and universities to be named a Carnegie Community-Engaged Campus. As a testament to the University’s going commitment to service, Sac State was also honored with the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification in both 2010 and 2015.
Outstanding Colleges & Programs
- The Capital Fellows Programs are consistently recognized among the nation's best internships and were voted into the the top 10 in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014. (Vault.com)
- One of the very best in the country, Sacramento State's Master of Public Policy and Administration ranks 21st out of all public policy graduate programs in the nation, according to 2015 rankings by graduateprograms.com.
- Sac State features the second-largest veterans program in the California State University system, with more than 1,200 veterans and their dependents, and ranked 79th out of the top 100 in 2015 for four-year institutions that are best for veterans. (MilitaryTimes)
- Sac State’s Air Force ROTC detachment, the Mighty Blue Dragons, is the second-largest in California.
- Since 2006, Sac State has won more Big Sky Conference Championships (34) than any other school across 21 intercollegiate sports, and in the 2017-18 academic year, Sac State student-athletes posted a collective grade-point average over 3.08, one of the top marks in the state.
- The College of Business Administration has been AACSB-accredited since 1963, one of just 5 percent of the world’s 13,000 higher education institutions to have earned this designation. (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- The University is home to the first and most comprehensive paramedic program in the CSU system, offering unique training available nowhere else in the state.