Support Page Content
Fall 2023 Events
Anchor University is proud to coordinate several events for the fall 2023 semester that will highlight aspects of the University's anchor mission. They will provide an opportunity for students, staff, faculty, administration, and community partners to interact on behalf of improving our campus and regional community.
Lunch and Learn Professional Development Series
A Lunch & Learn program is where an organization encourages participants to eat lunch in a group setting while simultaneously utilizing that time to complete trainings, seminars, and other educations. They provide an organization with an excellent opportunity to educate or train participants.
To request ADA/ASL reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than five business days before the event.
Lunch will be provided.
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Presentation Topic: Engaging and fostering sustainable community partnerships
- Description: As anchor institution, Sacramento State acknowledges their interdependence with their community, and actively tries to develop long-term, place based strategies to align and coordinate our community engagement efforts. In this interactive presentation, we will discuss best practices regarding how to create and maintain mutually beneficial community partnerships, and identify shared values for community partnerships at Sacramento State.
- Audience: The presentation is open to administrators, staff, and faculty who are practitioners of community partnerships.
Facilitators: Shannon William (Executive Director, Institute of Social Reserach), Elisa Trimboli (Anchor University Partnership Manager)
Lunch Menu: The lunch is a set menu with three sandwich options: one is vegetarian, along with a vegan side salad option.
Accommodations: Sacramento State seeks to ensure that our events are inclusive and that all attendees are able to fully participate.
- The event will have wheelchair accessible seating.
- Vegetarian and vegan options will be provided.
- Please request an ASL interpreter or a live captioning as soon as possible, but no later than five (5) business days before the event, by sending an email to email@example.com with your request and providing the name, date, time, and location of this event.
- For all other requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than five (5) business days prior to the event.
Note: Registration is required and will close when it reaches its maximum capacity.
Anchor University Community Partner Convening
The event will allow our community partners to learn more about anchor university efforts such as community-engaged research, service, and internships; share successes with colleagues; and meet potential campus partners for future collaborative projects.
Date: Friday, October 27, 2023 (Sac State Downtown PLACE)
Anchor University Recognition Reception
The Anchor Recognition Reception recognizes and honors our sponsored programs and those awarded Anchor University grants (2023-24) in collaboration with our community partners. The joint efforts made by Sac State and our community partners play a vital role in the continued success of the Anchor University Initiative.
A certificate of recognition and a plaque will be presented in appreciation for the achievements these projects accomplished. We wish to celebrate and acknowledge our campus and community partners to thank them for their time, energy, and creativity.
To request ADA/ASL reasonable accommodation, please contact Nancy Griggs no later than five business days before the event.
Appetizers and refreshments will be provided.