Support Page Content
Finish in Four
“Finish in Four” is Sac State's plan for student success. With University-wide collaboration, we implemented "Finish in Four" to improve graduation rates and eliminate equity gaps.
Completing 30 units each academic year is manageable when you consider Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.
With the exception of students pursuing a double major or a minor, graduating in four years is achievable for many freshmen students. Students might have other work/life commitments that could extend their graduation beyond four years. That’s OKAY.
- Students who "Finish In Four" would save on average approximately $23,000 for each additional year till they graduate.
- Students who take an average of 30 units per academic year are more engaged, resulting in a richer and more fulfilling college experience.
- Timely graduation opens up opportunities to:
- Earlier entry into the workforce in your field of interest, start your career, and gain more work experience and income.
- Earlier entry into graduate school, if pursuing higher education is your passion.
- Class-level priority registration throughout your undergraduate career to stay “on-track.”
- Eligible for Provost Graduation Initiative Grants to lower cost of summer courses (subject to funding availability).
- Access to advising, tutoring, and peer mentoring at student success centers to review courses and degree progression.
- Inclusive centers to mentor students and enrich their college experience.
Questions & Contact Us
For more about the “Finish in Four” Initiative at Sac State, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
Have a question? Please email the Office of Student Success Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our Contact Us webpage.