Support Page Content
Hornet Debt Reset
Sac State launched a bold plan to pay off $1 million in debt owed to the university by eligible learners who return to Sac State to complete their degree.
Hornet Debt Reset is a program designed for former Sac State learners who stopped out and want to complete their degree. If they still owe money to Sac State, it may be a barrier to returning and finishing what they started. The $1 million dollars is being used to pay debt owed to Sac State by eligible returning learners to support them in completing their degree. Examples of debt paid include outstanding tuition, parking fines, and library fees.
Money is available until funds are exhausted. There is no minimum or maximum amount that will be paid. Hornet Debt Reset can only be used to pay institutional debt owed by former students to Sac State. It cannot be used to pay off any debt owed to another entity. It cannot be used to pay for future tuition or fees incurred through re-enrollment.
“The Hornet Debt Reset program is an incredible resource to serve adult and returning learners, improve equity and access, and break down financial barriers for re-entry.”
Dr. Brian Bedford, associate dean of strategic initiatives for the Sacramento State College of Continuing Education and director of HornetAttain!
If you meet the following criteria, Hornet Debt Reset may help you complete your degree.
- Former Sac State student who left without completing your undergraduate degree
- Have not completed your undergraduate degree elsewhere
- Are not currently enrolled at another institution
- Been stopped out of Sac State for at least two consecutive semesters (does not include leaves of absence)
- Had a minimum GPA of 2.0 when you left Sac State
- Need additional coursework to complete your degree
- Owe money to Sac State
If you participate in the Hornet Debt Reset Program, you must agree to the following terms:
- Enroll in at least one unit and remain in good academic standing for two consecutive terms (or until graduation, whichever comes first)
- Meet with a HornetAttain! Achievement Advisor to create an individual learning plan
- Have FASFA and financial aid packet on file
- Utilize Financial Aid resources to understand financial aid offer
- Meet with Bursar’s Office Account Advisor to create and understand payment plan
I'm interested in Hornet Debt Reset!
Fill out the form via the link below and you will be contacted by a member of our HornetAttain! Team.