Support Page Content
Acrobat Sign FAQ
Acrobat Sign is a cloud-based e-signature service for faculty and staff to easily send, sign, track, and manage signature processes using a browser or mobile device. Here are some FAQs to get you started.
Acrobat Sign Roles
What is the signer role?
Signers are required to apply at least one signature to an agreement. This role is the default recipient role.
What is the sender role?
Users who have the sender role can send a document(s) for one or more signatures.
Login and Access
Are there tips and tricks for logging in to Acrobat Sign (Acrobat Sign enterprise account)?
- An Acrobat Sign enterprise account has been provisioned to all Faculty and Staff.
- The recommended way to access Acrobat sign is by logging into My Sac State and clicking on the Acrobat Sign Link under the Faculty/Staff related links.
- Do not use log in to Acrobat Sign from Adobe Company Website. The links for e-signatures and Acrobat Sign for business do not take you to your Sac State Acrobat Sign enterprise account.
- When logging in to Acrobat Sign, you should use your published email address as shown in the online Campus Directory.
- If Acrobat Sign prompts you to create an account, do not create a new account. Stop and follow the instructions for logging into your Acrobat Sign enterprise account.
- If you have verified your published email address and are still having issues, then contact the IRT Service Desk for assistance.
How do I sign in to Acrobat Sign?
Login to the My Sac State portal
- Under the Faculty/Staff Related Links, click on Acrobat Sign
- The Acrobat Sign Login page will display
- In the email address line, type in your Sac State login credentials including the @csus.edu (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click Continue
- You will see Sac State single sign on page appear. Log in using your Sac State credential
- The Acrobat Sign homepage will display
Why don’t I see Acrobat Sign after I login to the My Sac State portal?
In most case you will need to refresh your web browser once you login to My Sac State. For the Safari browser, you will need to clear your cache.
Do I have access to Acrobat Sign?
All Sac State faculty and staff have access to Acrobat Sign.
Why is my account deactivated?
There is a known issue with Acrobat Sign, where users account can sometimes become deactivated. If this occurs, contact the IRT Service Desk, and one of our Acrobat Sign Administrators will assist you with getting your account reactivated.
Why does Acrobat Sign prompt me to create an account? Do I need to create one?
Your Acrobat Sign account has been automatically provisioned for you. You do not need to create an account even though you may occasionally see prompts to do so. Please follow the instructions on how to log into your Acrobat Sign enterprise account.
Why do I have fewer options/features than my peers?
You may have logged into a personal Acrobat Sign account. Check to see that the Sacramento State Powered by Acrobat Sign Logo is in the upper left-hand corner of your screen. If you do not see the logo, then you are logged into a personal account. The personal account should not be used to conduct University business. You will need to log out and follow the instruction to log into your Acrobat Sign enterprise account.
Why am I being prompted to log in to an Acrobat Sign personal account?
If you see a password prompt from Acrobat Sign to log in to a personal account and not the Sacramento State Single Sign on screen, you are not logging into your enterprise account. Stop and follow the instructions on how to login to your Acrobat Sign enterprise account.
Why is it important to use Sacramento State Faculty, Staff, and Students published email address when I send out documents for signature?
When sending documents for signature for Sacramento State Employees and Students, it is critical that you send the document(s) to the individual's published email address. Sending a document for signature to a person's alternate email address will cause Acrobat Sign to create a personal/non-enterprise account automatically. We highly recommend that you first verify the email address with the Campus Directory.
Could I use Acrobat Sign as the primary storage for completed agreements?
We recommend that you do not use Acrobat Sign as your primary storage for completed agreements. You should download competed agreements to your local storage location and then hide them in Acrobat Sign.
Mobile Device Usage
Can I use my mobile device to sign a form?
Yes! Acrobat Sign works from all major mobile devices and tablets without needing the Acrobat Sign application downloaded.
Can I send a document for signature from my mobile device?
Yes! The Acrobat Sign application is available for download from the Apple Store or Google Play. Once the application is downloaded on your mobile device, you can login using your Sac State login credentials.
Acrobat Sign & Email
Why do emails come from email@example.com when using Acrobat Sign?
Acrobat Sign uses a specific firstname.lastname@example.org domain for their emails. This cannot be changed.
How do I organize and manage my Acrobat Sign emails in Outlook?
Create a folder, and sub-folders in Outlook to help you organize the Acrobat Sign emails sent from email@example.com. After you create the folder and sub-folders, use rules to help manage it. Download a step-by-step guide to create folders and rules for Acrobat Sign emails.
- Create and use folders and sub-folders to organize your Acrobat Sign emails.
- Create a top level folder called Acrobat Sign
- Create five subfolders within this folder named:
- New Requests
- Done Signing
- Create the six rules in the table below to help manage your Acrobat Sign emails by automatically sorting them to the folders you just created in Step 1.
|Rule||From||Subject Contains||Move Item To Folder|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||signature requested||New Requests|
|2||confirm your signature||New Requests|
|3||you signed:||Done Signing|
|4||Is signed and filed!||Completed|
|5||has been created||Completed|
|6||Reminder: Waiting for you||Reminders|
Can I send Acrobat Sign agreements to people outside of Sac State for signatures?
Acrobat Sign licenses are intended for use within Sac State community. However, if your business process requires signatures from individuals outside of Sac State community, the agreements need to be approved by the Acrobat Sign Forms review committee prior to sending for signatures.
Please submit a service request with the specific agreement template for review and allow for at least 2 weeks for processing.
Why did I receive an email notification from Acrobat Sign about "Your New Acrobat Sign Account"?
Users who have a pre-existing Account using their Sac State email address will receive an email notification requesting that they archive their account or change their email address.
These users will lose their existing agreements if they do not select one of the two options provided by Acrobat Sign. Users will need to either select ARCHIVE their account or CHANGE EMAIL address to be added to the Enterprise Account. We recommend using the steps for the Archive process.
Steps for Users for ARCHIVE process.
- Check inbox for above email. (if not found, check Spam / junk folder)
- Click on “Archive” if you do not want to retain.
- Go to https://documents.adobe.com and login with your Adobe credentials to login to document cloud.
- Download all agreements you have sent / signed.
- Go back to your email inbox and click on “Archive” button.
- Confirm Archival process.
- This will add the user into the Enterprise Sign Account.
- Use https://documents.adobe.com/public/login for all future logins
(If users can provide email Consent to your organization or to us directly, we can archive the accounts get them added to your account without the need for users to take any action on the email)
Steps for Users for CHANGE EMAIL process.
- Check inbox for above email. (if not found, check Spam / junk folder)
- Click on “Change Email” if you want to retain the account for future reference (for viewing signed / sent documents).
- Click on “Create new Adobe ID.”
- Follow the instructions to create a new Adobe and transfer all your contents.
- Upon successfully completing the above step, your company email ID will be added to your Enterprise Account.
- Use https://documents.adobe.com/public/login for all future logins.
Can I use Acrobat Sign for any form that needs signatures?
Department, college, or division forms that are typically printed and signed should go through Acrobat Sign. Paper-based forms that are typically sent by mail, email or campus mail that require a wet signature should transition to Acrobat Sign.
Can I print the documents in Acrobat Sign?
Yes, there is the ability to print the documents in Acrobat Sign.
Will I have access to my completed documents after it routes for signature(s)?
Yes! If you were a participant (sender, signer (recipient), or even a CC’d party) with an Acrobat Sign agreement, the document will be available on your Manage page.
The Manage page also allows you to monitor the document(s) status that is In Progress, Waiting for You, Complete, Canceled, Expired, and Draft.
Can I cancel a document after I send it?
Yes! As the Sender, you will be able to cancel the document only if it has not been signed by the Signer (recipient). If the Signer has signed the document, then you will not be able to cancel it.