Support Page Content
Below are resources for students to keep you connected to Sac State while abroad and to help with the reentry process invovled in returning to the US.
Congratulations on making it all the way to your study abroad destination! Even though you are abroad, you are still a Hornet and we want to hear from you while abroad and keep you connected to our campus.
Resources—Safety & Staying Connected to the U.S.
Post Study Abroad
Transcripts can take several months to receive after program ends. If you took courses that were not pre-approved, you will have one semester to get the course approved as the desired Sac State course. It will be helpful to keep the syllabi for the course for department evaluation.
Re-entry Resources, Events & Workshops
- Student Health and Counseling Services (916.278.6461)
- U.S. Department of State: Reverse Culture Shock
Staying Connected Globally on Campus
Did you fall in love with travel during an undergrad study abroad program? Were you not able to study abroad while in school? Below are some resources for students to have international experiences after graduating from Sac State.
- Fulbright Program: English Teaching Assistants (ETA) program
- JET Program: in Japan
- Peace Corps: Two-year commitment with varying assignments, loan deferment, stipend, room & board.
- Spanish Government’s North American Language and Culture Assistants: in Spain
- Teach English in Korea (EPIK): in Korea