Support Page Content
Faculty and Staff Resources
The Study Abroad Office supports the international endeavors and activities of faculty and staff. As faculty and staff, you play an important role in empowering students to become global citizens. What are some of the ways that you can help?
- Sharing your own international experiences
- Engaging them in discussions of global issues that relate to your curriculum
- Scheduling classroom presentations by study abroad returnees
- Writing letters of recommendations
- Approving courses abroad for degree requirements
- Referring your students to the Study Abroad Office, Library 1001
Scheduling Classroom PresentationsTo request a classroom presentation, please complete the form available here. We can arrange for a staff or study abroad returnee to present to your class or club.
Letters of RecommendationMany study abroad programs require students to submit letters of recommendation as part of the application process to study abroad. When a student asks for a recommendation for Study Abroad they should provide the following:
- Program information (university, country, duration)
- Recommendation form
- Deadline for the recommendation
- Where the recommendation should go (student pick up, delivered to IPGE, sent directly to a program)
Please truthfully and accurately complete these recommendation and/or language evaluation forms. Feel free to draft a letter to accompany the recommendation forms if you do not feel there is enough room to comment on the student’s abilities.