Support Page Content
The Passport Place
*Important Update (September 17, 2020): Due to COVID-19, we have continued to temporarily suspended passport operations through the Fall 2020 semester. Please continue to check our website for further updates.
University Library, Room 1001
Hours* - Temporarily suspended until further notice
Mon – Thu: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. – 1p.m.
Do you need to renew your passport? It can be done in office if:
- The passport has been expired over 5 years.
- You are going from a minor to an adult passport.
- The passport is for a minor.
- All other renewals are done by mail directly to the National Passport Processing Center. See instructions below under Form DS-82.
Note: We do not provide photo services. You must bring a valid passport photo with you when you apply. Passport photo service near campus is at CVS, 2085 Fair Oaks Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95825
Visit the U.S. Department of State's website or call the customer service line at (877) 487-2778.
Please bring two checks or two money orders with you, one payable to the U.S. Department of State and the other payable to Sacramento State.
|Price Tier||US Department of State||Sac State Fee|
|Adults age 16+ (First Time)||$110||$35|
|Adults age 16+ (Renewal)||$110||-|
|Minors age 16 & 17||$110||$35|
|Minors under 16||$80||$35|
|File Search Fee||$150||-|
|Photocopies||-||$0.25 per page|
|Overnight Delivery Return Fee||$17.13||-|
- Form DS-11: Apply for a U.S. passport book or card for the first time, or if your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
- Form DS-64: Report the loss or theft of a valid U.S. passport book or card.
- Form DS-3053: Completed by the non-appearing parent for minor applicants under the age of 16.
- Form DS-82: To renew an existing, 10-year passport, or to replace a limited-validity passport that is more than 1 year old.
- DS-5504: To request a name change, to correct data errors (typos), or to replace limited validity passports (if eligible).