Talented Sac State group gains recognition on annual ‘40 Under 40’ list
November 12, 2020
They are Made At Sac State, and they are making a difference in their communities, even during a year that has been upended by a global pandemic.
This year, 12 young professionals who are Sacramento State graduates have been named to the Sacramento Business Journal’s annual “40 Under 40” list, an elite group recognized for their contributions to the region and beyond. Winners were selected by former “40 Under 40” honorees based on their professional achievements, vision, and leadership qualities, among other considerations.
Sac State’s College of Business Administration is a major sponsor of “40 Under 40,” and Dean William Cordeiro was among the speakers when the University’s alums and their fellow award recipients were honored in a virtual ceremony.
The following Hornet alums have been named to the “40 Under 40” list for 2020:
- Aaron J. Davis ’14 (Biological Sciences), CEO, Concrete Landscape Services
- Roshaun L. Davis ’08 (Journalism), CEO, Unseen Heroes
- Keith R. Glen ’06 (Accountancy), Shareholder, Gilbert CPAs
- Mariana Corona Sabeniano ’06 (Government), Chief of Staff, California State Assembly
- Kristy Prince ’06 (Communication Studies/Public Relations), Senior Program Manager, Amazon, Inc.
- Kamaldeep (K-deep) S. Dhaliwal ’04 (Accountancy), Partner, Moss Adams LLP
- Xóchitl Rodriguez Murillo MA ’13 (Spanish), Councilmember, City of Woodland
- Chantel M. Elder ’09 (Marketing), Owner/Photographer, Eleakis & Elder Photography
- Grant R. Guerrieri ’10 (Civil Engineering), Senior Project Manager, Clark Pacific
- Nkiruka C. Ohaegbu Executive MBA ’14, Business Loan Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Kevin D. McAllister ’05 (Liberal Studies), Executive Director, Meals on Wheels by ACC
- John W. Whitfield ’05 (Finance), Senior Business Development Executive, Moss Adams LLP
- A current MBA for Executives student, Lydia Ramirez, also was selected. Ramirez is senior vice president and director of operations for Five Star Bank.
- Sac State’s representation on the list attests to the University’s positive impact on the region, Cordeiro said.
“We are very proud to be an ongoing Gold Level sponsor of the Sacramento Business Journal’s ‘40 Under 40’ awards,” Cordeiro said. “The number of honorees from Sacramento State and from the College of Business Administration demonstrates the critical role that quality education plays in developing the outstanding young professionals working across industries in our community.”
The full “40 Under 40” list can be found on the Sacramento Business Journal website (subscription required).