Sac State alumni again well represented in annual list of elite young professionals
October 27, 2021
For proof of Sacramento State’s impact on the region, look no further than the Sacramento Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” list for 2021.
Seven Hornet graduates are on the annual list of elite young professionals making positive contributions to the region and beyond. Honorees are selected based on their professional achievements, vision, and leadership qualities, among other considerations.
Sacramento State traditionally is well represented on the list, a sign of how the University helps shape the Sacramento region and beyond through the work of its talented alumni.
This year’s Hornet alum honorees are:
- Juliana Almanza ’11 (Business Administration), chief of staff, Associated General Contractors of California
- Michael Casper ’10 (Communication Studies), co-founder and chief operating officer, Improve Your Tomorrow Inc.
- Mariah Davis ’09 (Social Science), president, Oakview Insurance Services Inc.
- Maritza Davis ’07 (Communication Studies), vice president of Experiences and Social Responsibility, Sacramento Kings
- Kara Greene ’08, MA ’14 (Government), senior manager, Strategic Communications; Western States Petroleum Association
- Carter Todd ’14 (Health Science), president, Capitol City Black Nurses Association; assistant nurse manager, Kaiser Permanente Roseville
- Anya-Jael Woods ’16 (Career and Technical Studies), strategic business planner, Sacramento Municipal Utility District; commissioner, Sacramento County Commission of the Status of Women and Girls
In addition, Yolo County Children’s Alliance Executive Director Jeneba Lahai, who attended Sac State, also has been selected.
The honorees will be recognized at an Oct. 28 event. For the full list, visit the Sacramento Business Journal’s website.