Support Page Content
Sacramento State Transportation & Parking Services encourages all students and employees to participate in carpooling, another great alternative commute mode.
Benefits of Carpooling
- Get access to prime carpool parking spaces,
- Protect the environment and help reduce traffic congestion,
- Earn rewards through Sacramento Region Commuter Club
Carpool spaces are located in Parking Structures 1, 3 and 5.
To obtain a Sacramento State carpool parking permit, all members of the carpool must come to the UTAPS office to complete a carpool application. If you've already purchased a student or employee semester parking permit, it can be exchanged for a carpool permit at the UTAPS office.
- Please prepare to have all vehicle license plate numbers for the vehicles that will potentially be used in your carpool.
- Only one (1) carpool parking permit will be issued per carpool.
- Carpool parking permits are obtained on a semester basis.
- Carpools at Sacramento State must include at least two (2) people.
- At least two members of the carpool must be in the vehicle when parking in carpool spaces.
- Carpool permits are also valid in regular student or employee parking spaces, depending on your carpool permit designation.
- Vehicles must be parked in non-carpool parking spaces when driving to campus alone and displaying a carpool permit.
Carpool spaces are available for carpoolers during the Fall and Spring semester. At all other times, carpool spaces are available to vehicles with any valid Sac State parking permit.
Commuter Club has merged with Sacramento Region 511, the site where you'll find a voucher for the Emergency Ride service, as well as people to carpool with and regional travel information.
If you had a Commuter Club account, please go to sacregion511.org, login and create a new password.
The voucher for the Emergency Ride service is on the new site, so if you carpool, vanpool, bicycle, walk or take public transit at least 60% of your work week, the Sacramento TMA will pay your taxi or rental car to get home if you have an emergency or unscheduled overtime.
- Sacramento TMA has commuter resources: transit, tips on bicycling or carpooling and seats available in vanpools.
- Contact the TMA at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commute Coordinator, Noel Carolipio at (916) 278-7527 or email@example.com.