Support Page Content
Proctoring Rules Agreement
- Students should check in for exams ten minutes prior to the schedule exam time. Students who arrive fifteen or more minutes late for a scheduled exam will not be admitted to the proctoring session.
- Testing Center staff are not allowed to modify scheduled testing appointments. Your professor must make all changes to the schedule in the online portal or via email at email@example.com.
- No personal items, including but not limited to mobile phones and other electronic devices, watches, wallets, purses, firearms or other weapons, hats (and other non-religious head coverings), bags, heavy coats, jackets, eyeglass cases are allowed in the testing room. No books and/or notes are allowed in the testing room unless pre-authorized. You must store all personal items in a secure area as indicated by the proctor or return them to your vehicle. If you refuse to store your personal items, you will be unable to test. All electronic devices must be turned off before storing them in the designated secure area. Studying IS NOT allowed in the test center.
- You will be required to present a valid (unexpired) and acceptable photo ID(s) to take your test. Your Sac State student ID is preferred but not required. IDs that have been punched, torn, or altered in any way will not be accepted as a valid ID regardless of reason. Validity, acceptability, and number of required IDs is pre-determined by testing company and/or instructor. This is done to verify your identity and to protect the security and integrity of the test. You understand that if there are discrepancies during the check-in process you may be prohibited from entering the testing room and you may not be allowed to reschedule your test appointment.
- The proctor may provide you with materials provided by the Testing Center to use during your test. You also may be allowed specific items as directed by your testing program, course, or instructor. You may not remove any of these materials from the testing room. If you need new or additional materials during the test, you must raise your hand. You must return all items and materials to the proctor immediately following the test.
- The proctor will escort you to your assigned workstation. Unless otherwise instructed, you must remain in your assigned seat until escorted out of the testing room by a proctor.
- You agree to not discuss test content with any individual during your testing appointment. You may not remove copies of test questions or test answers from the testing center, and you may not share or discuss with anyone all or any of the test questions or test answers you saw or viewed during the taking of the test. Any disruptive, threatening, or inappropriate behavior in the testing room may be grounds for terminating your test, invalidating your test results, or disqualifying you from taking the test at a future date.
- You understand that eating, drinking, chewing gum, smoking, and/or making noise that creates a disturbance for others is prohibited during the test.
- You will be monitored at all times to ensure a high level of security throughout the testing experience. Both audio and video may be recorded. If you refuse to be monitored, you will not be checked-in and will not be able to sit for your scheduled examination.
- If you are taking any break, you MUST receive permission from the proctor PRIOR to accessing personal items that have been stored (except for medication, drinks, and food, which you may access without permission). You are not permitted to leave the building at any time once you have started your test.
- If you experience any problems or distractions or if you have other questions or concerns, you must raise your hand, and the proctor will assist you. The proctor cannot answer questions related to test content.
- Unless otherwise instructed, after you have completed the test you must raise your hand, and the proctor will come to your workstation and verify that your test session has ended properly. You must not leave any materials at your testing workstation after you have completed your test.
- I understand the information provided above and agree to follow these rules in addition to any other rules I may have agreed to during my registration for this test. I understand that if I do not follow the rules or I am suspected of cheating, this will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and/or appropriate faculty/administrator. I agree that the work on this assessment will be my own and reflect my best effort.