Support Page Content
Veterans Career Pathways Program
The Veterans Career Pathways Program (VCPP) was established to empower student veterans and dependents with the necessary skills and resources to obtain gainful employment. The VCPP assists in developing leadership and job-savvy skills. These skills prepare the student in transitioning to the civilian workforce both during college and following graduation.
Level 1 - Learning the Basics: During this phase, students will attend an interactive series of events that focus on resume development, interview techniques, the value of networking, and professional mentorship.
Level 2 – Advancing Beyond the Basics: Building on the learned knowledge from Level 1, students will learn how to navigate federal, state, and county employment sites; discover special hiring incentives; and how to make their applications stand out. Students will also have the opportunity to learn the process of starting their own businesses to include helpful agencies and resources.
Ongoing Career Exploration & On the Job Skills Training (Fall/Spring/Summer): Students have the opportunity to spend “A Day in the Life” of a professional of their choosing. This experience will provide mentorship, networking along with personal and professional development opportunities. Students will be able to participate in an internship relevant to their career goals. This hands-on training will help participants find employment in line with their academic interests.
Mentorship opportunities with individuals from local professionals and academic communities
- Interview and resume writing skills development
- Personal, academic, and professional goal setting techniques and support
- Networking opportunities with local and regional employers
- Career research and networking techniques through job shadowing, informational interviewing, and job search strategies
- Individualized and small group career counseling services
- Workshops covering topics such as: networking techniques, how to build your brand, how to gain employment in civil service, resources for becoming an entrepreneur, and much more
How to Participate
Step 2: Save the completed intake sheet to your computer.
Step 3: Email saved application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4: Await confirmation of receipt and orientation details. If no response in 24 hours, please contact Maria Johnson.