California State University, Sacramento

Based on real user feedback and statistics, no longer supports Microsoft’s Internet Explorer browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Skip to Main Content

Crisis Assistance & Resource Education Support (CARES) Division of Student Affairs

Support Page Content

Student Emergency Services

Emergency Funds

Emergency grants are available to eligible students who have experienced a loss of income or added expenses because of the pandemic or are experiencing a one-time crisis that is financially affecting their education. More information about this program and the application is on our HEERF Emergency Grants page.

HEERF Emergency Grants

Due to a high volume of applicants, applications may take up to 3 weeks to process.

Emergency Housing Support

Short-term emergency housing:

This service offers up to 30 days of housing on campus for students experiencing a brief, unexpected housing crisis. Students will have weekly case management appointments to support them with establishing long-term housing.

Short-Term Aid Application

Student affordable housing (Rapid Rehousing):

Academic year-long support for students experiencing homelessness. Sac State Student Affordable Housing, or officially known as Rapid Rehousing (RRH) is reserved for students who are homeless (living in their cars, staying temporarily on a friend or relative’s couch, or staying somewhere not normally meant for dwelling). This program is designed to quickly house a student whether or not they are able to pay rent or a deposit and support the student with a lease and affordable housing ($400-$500/month). This is a program and includes case management services contracted by community agencies to help a student stabilize their housing, academics, and holistic wellness.

Rapid Rehousing Application