Skip to Main Content

COVID-19 Information for Students Division of Student Affairs

Support Page Content

Housing Updates

Last updated: August 12, 2022

North Village Housing Updates

Q. I am living at North Village, is there anything I need to do before my scheduled move-in appointment?

We ask all students living in North Village residence halls to test for COVID-19 24-hours before arriving on campus for your scheduled appointment. During your scheduled appointment, you will be required to test again. Testing site location and instructions will be emailed to you prior to your move-in appointment.

Q. I will be living in North Village, what must I do in relation to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement prior to move-in?

North Village residents are to be fully updated with their vaccination and must complete the self-certification form prior to their move-in date, declaring to having received their vaccination and providing all of the requested information. If you do not self-certify your move-in date might be delayed.

North Village residents who wish to request a medical or religious exemption must complete the self-certification form declaring that they intend to submit a request for an exemption prior to their official move-in date. North Village residents applying for an exemption will be permitted to move-in although they are pending vaccination exemption approval. Those seeking an exemption or have an approved exemption must adhere to campus protocols. Residents who self-attest their intent to request an exemption will have 2-3 weeks to clear exemption and receive official approval to remain in on-campus housing.

Q. Will I be required to be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 to live on campus?

Yes, Sacramento State, Office of the President, initially announced on Tuesday, August 3, 2021, the COVID-19 vaccination requirement for “all members of the campus community.” To view the official announcement please visit our Presidential Communications page.

On December 22, 2022, it was announced that the CSU has updated the Vaccination Policy, requiring all students to receive their COVID-19 booster by February 28, 2022 (or six months after receiving their final dose, whichever is later).

For information on how to schedule an appointment to receive your vaccine or booster, please visit our Get Vaccinated/Boosted resource page.

Get Vaccinated/Boosted resource page

Q. I am unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, and I test positive for COVID-19 at move-in? What happens?

Anyone who tests positive upon check-in will be asked to return home to isolate and return to campus after 10 days. Room and board for isolated students will be prorated to account for their absence.

Q. I will be living at Hornet Commons, will I be required to be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19?

No, students assigned to reside at Hornet Commons for the upcoming term are not currently required to adhere to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Please note, if you are a Sacramento State student residing at Hornet Commons and intend to access campus you must adhere to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement and complete the self-certification process prior to your move-in date.

Q. I will be living at North Village. What if I test positive for COVID-19 or seasonal flu, what do I do?

Students in North Village or Hornet Commons who test positive for COVID-19 or the seasonal flu should not attend class or work. They will be asked to isolate in their rooms, wear a face covering, and minimize contact with others. Those in isolation should avoid shared areas of the residence halls. North Village students will be permitted to pick up grab-and-go meals. Students may also choose to return home. Students will be cleared to return to normal activities by Student Health and Counseling Services. In medically required instances, University Housing will accommodate the highest-risk North Village students with isolation from roommates.

If you test positive for COVID-19, you are required to immediately report the result to Student Health and Counseling Services by completing the Student COVID-19 Report Form. Also, if you live in North Village, contact your Resident Advisor (RA), Resident Advisor on duty, your front desk, or University Housing Services immediately. University Housing Services is open Monday-Friday from 8 am until 5 pm. An RA is on call 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.

Q. Will I be able to have guests visit me when living in North Village?

Yes. Guest(s) are permitted. All guests must be registered and have an electronic guest pass with them at all times.

Q. I am living in North Village, do I have to get the flu shot?

The University requires all North Village residential housing students to receive a flu vaccination when it becomes available this fall. Student Health and Counseling Services is prepared to offer all Sacramento State students free flu vaccinations this fall.