Support Page Content
Faculty Student Mentor Program
The Faculty Student Mentor Program (FSMP) is one of several educational equity programs designed to provide students with the academic support and encouragement needed to accomplish their educational goals. The Faculty Student Mentor Program is designed to offer academic and personal support to students from traditionally low-income communities.
- Have the opportunity to meet new and continuing students with similar academic, cultural, and social interests.
- Have the opportunity to have a collaborative relationship with a Faculty Mentor within the discipline of choice.
- Gain support for academic pursuits and personal development.
- Be able to get assistance to improve academic skills such as writing, note-taking, time management, and stress management skills.
- Receive assistance with course selections, majors and referrals to major advisors.
- Receive assistance with test preparation (TEAS, CBEST, CSET, WPJ).
- Opportunity to enroll in a mentoring class in the College of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies (ID 96, Soc Connect 196A & 196B; Odyssey/Government ID 198).