Support Page Content
Disqualified, Dismissed & TOPSS
Disqualification, Dismissal and Reinstatement
When a student is on academic probation, the student will be academically disqualified if their Sacramento State or cumulative GPA after the semester is below a:
- Freshman (30 units): 1.50
- Sophomores (30-59.9 units): 1.70
- Juniors (60-89.9 units): 1.85
- Seniors (90 or more units): 1.95
- Students not on probation will be disqualified if the cumulative GPA is 1.00 or less.
- Disqualified students will not be allowed to register unless they are formally reinstated and/or readmitted to the University.
- A student reinstated after disqualification who earns a semester GPA below 2.00 or fails to meet other requirements specified in the reinstatement contract will be dismissed.
- Academically dismissed students are not eligible for readmission without at least one semester of absence from Sacramento State.
- Students who have been dismissed twice must sit out two years before petitioning to return.
- Students who have been disqualified or dismissed from the university are eligible to re-apply to return to the Sac State after meeting specific guidelines. Visit the Returning Students page.
Transforming Outcomes Project at Sacramento State (TOPSS)
A four-year degree completion program administered and delivered inside two California state prisons through a partnership of California State University, Sacramento and the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. TOPSS students are earning their BA degree in Communication Studies.
Visit the TOPSS Page.
Who is my advisor?