About Faculty & Staff
Request Career Presentations
The Career Center has limited capacity for presentations for Spring 2023 at this time and is offering "First Year Seminar: Exploring through Career Services" or "Career Resources for Graduating Students" presentations.
As an alternative to we recommend that students attend our Here to Career workshop series and other events or view our recorded asynchronous presentations.
- Resume and Cover Letter Workshop
- Acing the Interview
- Job and Internship Search Strategies
- First Year Seminar: Explore Through Career Services
- Other Career Center YouTube videos
- Sac State Career Network (Video Library)
Please also encourage students to attend the All Majors Career Fair on April 4, 2023 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and the Education, Family, and Youth Services Career Fair on April 5, 2023 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. as part of a class assignment.
Partner With the Career Center
Want to partner to embed career development and workforce development components into your curriculum or organization?
Apply for the DHSI Career Mini-Grant
Connect with the Career Center Team
The Career Center can also serve as the connection between faculty and employers. Refer community members, and potential employers/internship hosts to our Employer Relations team.
We recommend the following report for information on helping students build momentum toward careers: Purpose First.
Best Practices for Collaborating with the Career Center
- Use career fair and event participation as extra credit or class assignment opportunities
- Refer employers to us via Handshake
- Assign mock interviews using Big Interview
- Listen to the HirED Podcast
- Encourage students to explore major and career options via FOCUS2 Career and What Can I Do with This Major
- Encourage students to research industries that interest them using California Career Zone, ONet and Library resources
- Suggest that students use the Smart Thinking tutoring tool in Canvas for resume and cover letter feedback
- For students in need of extra help to select a career or find a job, encourage students to make an appointment for Career Center Counseling.
- Note: For faculty who assigned C2C “College to Career Readiness” program, this curriculum is being updated; please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Join a Professional Learning Community or Teaching Institute in collaboration with CTL on how to help students be Career Ready
Connect with the Career Center
Lassen Hall, Room 1013
Mon. - Fri., 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (916) 278-6231