About Faculty & Staff
Request Career Presentations
The Career Center has limited capacity for presentations for Spring 2022 at this time and are offering First Year Seminar: Exploring through Career Services presentations.Request a Live Presentation
As an alternative to we recommend that students attend our Here to Career workshop series and other events or view our recorded asynchronous presentations.
- Resume and Cover Letter Workshop
- Acing the Interview
- Job and Internship Search Strategies
- First Year Seminar: Explore Through Career Services
- Other Career Center YouTube videos
- Sac State Career Network (Video Library)
Please also encourage students to attend the Virtual Job and Internship Fair, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday, March 1 as part of a class assignment.
Partner With the Career Center
Want to partner to embed career development and workforce development components into your curriculum or organization? Connect with the Career Center team.
The Career Center can also serve as the connection between faculty and employers. Refer community members, and potential employers/internship hosts to our Employer Relations team.
We recommend the following report for information on helping students build momentum toward careers: Purpose First.
Best Practices for Collaborating with the Career Center
- Connect with our team
- Use career fair and event participation as extra credit or class assignment opportunities
- Invite us to a staff or department meeting for a meet and greet
- Refer employers to us via Handshake
- Assign mock interviews using Big Interview
- Listen to the HirED Podcast
- Encourage students to explore major and career options via FOCUS2 Career and What Can I Do with This Major
- Teach 21st-century skills needed at work by showing New World of Work videos and asking students to complete the suggested assignments
- Encourage students to research industries that interest them using California Career Zone, ONet and Library resources
- Suggest that students use the Smart Thinking tutoring tool in Canvas for resume and cover letter feedback
- For students in need of extra help to select a career or find a job, encourage students to make an appointment for Career Center Counseling.
- Note: For faculty who assigned C2C “College to Career Readiness” program, this curriculum is being updated; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Connect with the Career Center
Lassen Hall, Room 1013
Mon. - Fri., 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. , (Virtual Appointments Only)
Phone: (916) 278-6231