About Faculty & Staff
Request Career Presentations
Submit a request for a Career Center presentation in your classroom, for your group, or event.
The following topics may be requested:
- Resume Cover Letter (50 minutes)
- Interviewing and Professionalism (50 minutes)
- Internship/Job Search Strategies (50 minutes)
- Major/Career Exploration (50 minutes)
- First-Year Seminar (50 minutes)
- Career Center Overview (15 minutes)
- Career Center Tabling
The Career Center has reached capacity for presentations at this time. We will be re-opening our presentations request form on Monday, January 4, for Spring 2021 requests. As an alternative to a synchronous presentation, we have uploaded some asynchronous presentations you can access through our YouTube page.
Best Practices for Collaborating with the Career Center
- Connect with our team
- Use career fair and event participation as extra credit or class assignment opportunities
- Invite us to a staff or department meeting for a meet and greet
- Refer employers to us via Handshake
- Assign mock interviews using Big Interview
- Listen to the HirED Podcast
- Encourage students to explore major and career options via FOCUS2 Career and What Can I Do with This Major
- Teach 21st century skills needed at work by showing New World of Work videos and asking students to complete the suggested assignments
- Encourage students to research industries that interest them using California Career Zone, ONet and Library resources
- Suggest that students use the Smart Thinking tutoring tool in Canvas for resume and cover letter feedback
- For students in need of extra help to select a career or find a job, encourage students to make an appointment for Career Center Counseling.
- Note: For faculty who assigned C2C “College to Career Readiness” program, this curriculum is being updated; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Connect with the Career Center
Lassen Hall, Room 1013
Mon. - Fri., 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. , (Virtual Appointments Only)
Phone: (916) 278-6231