About Faculty & Staff
Request Career Presentations
The Career Center has reached the capacity for virtual presentations to groups and classes at this time. We will be re-opening our presentations request form on August 16, for Fall 2021 requests. As an alternative to asynchronous presentations, we have uploaded some recorded presentations you can access through our YouTube page.
We also recommend sharing The HirED Podcast for career-related topics.
Partner With the Career Center
Want to partner to embed career development and workforce development components into your curriculum or organization? Connect with the Career Center team.
The Career Center can also serve as the connection between faculty and employers. Refer community members, and potential employers/internship hosts to our Employer Relations team.
We recommend the following report for information on helping students build momentum toward careers: Purpose First.
Best Practices for Collaborating with the Career Center
- Connect with our team
- Use career fair and event participation as extra credit or class assignment opportunities
- Invite us to a staff or department meeting for a meet and greet
- Refer employers to us via Handshake
- Assign mock interviews using Big Interview
- Listen to the HirED Podcast
- Encourage students to explore major and career options via FOCUS2 Career and What Can I Do with This Major
- Teach 21st-century skills needed at work by showing New World of Work videos and asking students to complete the suggested assignments
- Encourage students to research industries that interest them using California Career Zone, ONet and Library resources
- Suggest that students use the Smart Thinking tutoring tool in Canvas for resume and cover letter feedback
- For students in need of extra help to select a career or find a job, encourage students to make an appointment for Career Center Counseling.
- Note: For faculty who assigned C2C “College to Career Readiness” program, this curriculum is being updated; please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Connect with the Career Center
Lassen Hall, Room 1013
Mon. - Fri., 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. , (Virtual Appointments Only)
Phone: (916) 278-6231