About Wellness Education
About Health & Wellness
The Health & Wellness Promotion office is located in Room 1011 in Student Health & Counseling Services in The WELL. We offer free safer sex supplies, nutritional counseling, peer education on nutrition, alcohol, and drugs, cooking demonstrations, and other wellness workshops. The Health & Wellness Promotion office is the headquarters for the Sac State Peer Health Educators who plan events and present to classrooms regarding a variety of health topics including nutrition, mental health, healthy relationships, alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
We offer workshops and presentations on the following topics by request.
- Active Minds: We strive to educate the campus community about mental health and emotional wellness issues.
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs: We work to reduce the harm associated with high-risk drinking, tobacco and drug use.
- Healthy Relationships: We focus on providing outreach and events related to sexual assault prevention, safer sex practices, and communication.
- Nutrition: We offer a variety of services to support balanced eating including professional nutritional counseling, Peer Nutrition Visits, cooking demonstrations, and classroom presentations.
Peer Health Educator Internship
Peer Health Educators (PHEs) interns actively promote health and wellness. The year-long internship includes:
- Training in a variety of health and wellness topics
- The opportunity to earn academic units
- Building leadership and communication skills
- Exploring careers related to health and wellness
- Work with a team to build skills in planning and implementing educational programs, special events, publicity, and public relations
The application period for the 2020-21 Peer Health Educator Internship Program has closed. To be notified when applications open for the 2021-22 academic year, fill out the interest form at the link below. For more information on the internship, please contact the Health and Wellness Promotion office at (916) 278-5422.
Student Health & Counseling Services Calendarhttps://www.trumba.com/calendars/sac-state-student-health-counseling-services.json
Connect with Health & Wellness Services
Student Health & Counseling Services
at The WELL
Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (916) 278-6461
Fax: (916) 278-7359