Support Page Content
Hornet Wellness Week
Student Health and Counseling Services along with campus partners are collaborating to provide a weeklong program highlighting many of the resources and programs around campus that contribute to our campus and individual well-being. A Self-Guided Hornet Wellness Week Stamp Card encouraging individuals to visit participating campus locations to learn about their resources begins on Tuesday, September 27th through Wednesday, September 28th. When individuals receive a stamp at 6 locations, they will be entered to win a drawing for iPad mini, Sac State Blanket (x2), Sac State T-shirt (x2), Apple Watch (6 total prizes).
- Monday, Sept. 26: Free Groceries Pop Up and Condom Cart, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Library Quad.
- Tuesday, Sept. 27: Basic Needs Fair, 1-3 p.m., Library Quad; WELLness in the Arboretum, noon (Register Now); Self-guided Hornet Wellness stamp card begins.
- Wednesday, Sept. 28: Self-guided Hornet Wellness stamp card last day.
- Thursday, Sept. 29: Snack State golf cart around campus, 9-11 a.m.; Social media giveaway @shcssacstate; Outdoor yoga with ASI and The WELL noon-1 p.m., Studio Theatre (behind Saigon Bay)
- Friday, Sept. 30: Wheelchair basketball 1-3 p.m., The WELL (Register Now)
Follow @shcssacstate @wellsacstate for more information: #HornetWellness
Wellness in the Classroom
Positive well-being is an important predictor of learning and student success. Research indicates a strong connection between student wellbeing, deep learning, and impactful teaching practices.
By making small adjustments to their teaching processes, faculty can have an enormous impact on students’ wellness and ability to learn. We offer the Classroom Wellness Online Toolkit, a menu of strategies and resources, to help faculty incorporate elements of wellbeing into their pedagogy.
Wellness in the Work Place
Worksite wellness programs have many benefits, including improved employee health, job satisfaction, recruitment and retention; increased productivity; and reduced absenteeism. Sacramento State offers wellbeing activities, a newsletter, and other resources to employees. In addition, many of the health benefits plans offered at Sac State provide preventive services such as smoking cessation support – contact your individual health plan for more information.