Support Page Content
Faculty & Staff Advisors
Student organizations are required to have a part/full-time faculty or exempt professional staff member as an advisor. Selection of a particular person as advisor is the choice of the organization and is by mutual agreement of both parties.
Faculty and staff often look forward to opportunities to work with students outside the traditional classroom and in areas of personal interests.
- Be familiar with the organization’s objectives, constitution and bylaws
- Alert student leaders to potential organizational problems
- Help leaders during periods of transition in an effort to maintain continuity
- Meet regularly with student leaders to give them support and encourage them to accept their responsibilities, meet their objectives, and develop as leaders
- Be familiar with University policies and risk management procedures to assist leaders in their efforts to conduct business on campus
- Be able to help members explore alternatives as they plan activities and events, realizing that final decisions and organizational management is the responsibility of the members
- Assist the organization in their efforts to secure funding from campus and/or community sources within approved guidelines