Support Page Content
Quantitative Reasoning With Advanced Math Topics (QRAT)
Quantitative Reasoning with Advanced Mathematical Topics (QRAT) was developed to better prepare college and career-bound high school seniors with the 21st Century skills necessary to meet the mathematical thinking and problem-solving expectations of higher education courses and workplace requirements.
A passing grade in Integrated Math III
or Intermediate Algebra II
QRAT Target Population
Intended for high school seniors who place into:
- Level 3 "Standard Met" on SBAC/CAASP
- Level 2 "Standard Nearly Met" on SBAC/CAASP
Students who placed into Level 2 "Standard Nearly Met" may participate in the course with a counselor/math teacher recommendation.
Students who typically enroll in this course:
- Are not ready to take an AP level math/QR course
- May have originally been placed into pre-Calculus
- Could move beyond a "just-go-by" status from IM III or Intermediate Algebra II and improve their preparation to succeed in college-level mathematics
- Would prefer to take a course that looks and feels different and gives them credit, rather than retaking a course for no additional credit
- May not have planned to take a senior year math course.