Support Page Content
Transition to Quantitative Reasoning (TQR)
The Transition to Quantitative Reasoning (TQR) Course was developed to better prepare college and career-bound high school seniors with the 21st Century skills necessary to meet the mathematical thinking and problem-solving expectations of higher education courses and workplace requirements.
- Algebra I and Geometry or Integrated Math I and II with a passing grade
- May have also taken a third year of math (e.g. transition course, 2-year course, etc.)
TQR Target Population
Intended for high school seniors who place into:
- Level 3 "Standard Met" on SBAC/CAASP
- Level 2 "Standard Nearly Met" on SBAC/CAASP
Students who typically enroll in this course:
- May not have planned to take a senior year math course.
- May have originally been placed into Algebra II or IM III.
- Could move beyond a "just-go-by" status from Algebra I and Geometry or IM I and II and improve their preparation to succeed in college-level mathematics.