Support Page Content
Canvas and Zoom will meet many of your Academic Continuity needs. If you’re looking for a more robust option with editing features for recording lecture materials, we recommend Camtasia, which can be downloaded and installed for free. Mediasite is also an option.
You can find more information about the various software options available to you in IRT’s Instructional Technology Matrix.
The Center for Teaching and Learning offers a treasure trove of resources regarding Continuity for Teaching and Learning. In particular, CTL offers a Teach on Checklist that many faculty have found valuable.
The Academic Technology Center also stands ready to assist. You can contact them by phone at (916) 278-2450 during support hours, or via email at email@example.com.
When regional or nationwide disruptions occur, many publishers provide enhanced online access to their research and teaching material. Work with your subject librarian or refer to this guide for access to media and full-text materials.
LinkedIn Learning resources
Sacramento State Faculty and Staff have free access to LinkedIn Learning, accessed through My Sac State. Below are some essential training topics, and feel free to explore the full range of LinkedIn Learning’s professional development resources!
- Learning to Teach Online
- Teaching with Technology
- Teaching Technical Skills Through Video
- Teaching Online: Synchronous Classes
- Office 365 for Educators
- Microsoft Teams for Education
- Teaching Techniques: Creating Multimedia Learning
- Camtasia 2019 Essential Training 2019: The Basics
- Camtasia 2019 Essential Training 2019: Advanced Techniques
- Camtasia 2019 for Mac Essential Training
- Camtasia Quick Tips
- Learning Canvas
- Teaching Techniques: Classroom Cloud Strategy
- Foundations of Learning Management Systems
- Teaching Techniques: Creative Effective Learning Assessments
- Learning OneNote Online (Office 365)
- Learning Zoom