About Air Force ROTC
Welcome to Air Force ROTC, Det 088!
What is Air Force ROTC?
It is a challenge. It is an opportunity. It is a head start on a lifetime of success!
Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) programs educate and train qualified young men and women for service as commissioned officers in the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and U.S. Space Force (USSF).
The Department of Aerospace Studies offers three and four year academic and training programs towards a commission in the U.S. Air Force or U.S. Space Force. The AFROTC program is designed to develop officers in the U.S. Air & Space Forces (USAF/USSF) through leadership and academic training. Cadets participate in dialogues, problem solving, and other planning activities. Program goals are achieved through formal academic classes, physical fitness training, and Leadership Laboratory. Air Force ROTC plays an important role in preparing mature young men and women for leadership and management positions in the increasingly technical environments of the U.S. Air & Space Forces.
What does this mean to you? It is:
- The opportunity to get the money you need for college
- Making the most out of your college experience and your life
- The chance to earn a college degree while working toward becoming an officer in the United States Air Force
- The chance to experience once-in-a-lifetime opportunities
- HIGH SCHOOL students can contact recruiters using the information below:
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 956-3444
Air Force ROTC Detachment 88
Yosemite Hall, Room 122/124
Monday - Friday, 8a.m.– 3 pm
Phone: (916) 278-7315
Current as of Feb 2021