Support Page Content
Employee Assistance Program
The employee assistance program (EAP) is designed to provide professional assistance to employees and their families (dependents and permanent household members) in assessing and resolving personal problems that may be affecting well-being or job performance.
LifeMatters by Empathia – Free, confidential services include: View the Empathia brochure and website guide.
- NEW - Employees can now access LifeMatters EAP online content and the Company Password needed to access telephone or online services directly from your My Sac State portal - Employee Center. Log-in to your My Sac State account to access the Employee Assistance Program link and obtain the Company Password to access services.
- 24/7 telephone assessment/counseling 800-367-7474 or TDD/TTY 877-307-2812
- Access to mylifematters.com online services for educational information, care resources, self-help tips, videos, and interactive tools.
- 3 free in-person counseling sessions with a local counselor
- Work/life resources and referrals
- Financial consultation with a certified financial counselor
- Legal consultation with an attorney
- Smoking Cessation Program
On October 1, 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom signed California Assembly Bill 457 (Santiago, Ch. 439, Stats. 2021) (“AB 457”). Under AB 457, Empathia Pacific, Inc. is required to amend certain contracts to include provisions relating to telehealth services. Therefore, the Specialized Health Care Service Plan Contract Amendatory Rider for AB 457 and the Combined Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Form Amendatory Rider for AB 457 have been added to the LifeMatters website, https://members2.mylifematters.com/portal/welcome/sso.
Covered employees may download this rider by logging into the member website and clicking on the "Combined Evidence of Coverage and Disclosure Rider" at the footer of the site. Members can also request a hard copy by writing to “Member Services: Empathia Pacific 5234 Chesebro Road, Suite 201, Agoura Hills, CA 91301.”
More Empathia Resources
Did you know that Empathia offers more than just counseling sessions, but also many other resources for Sac State employees and their families? Empathia has shared that if employees call their customer service line, the representative can give additional resources not available via a company search or by submitting a completed form. These representatives can give guidance on placement, best fit, financial support, and availability.
If you are in need of any of the specialized services below, click on the link to review the information then call the number on the flier for further details.