Support Page Content
English Add/Drop Process
All drops after census date need to use this form/petition and follow the instructions.
Monday, September 28th
NOTE: After census date a W will be posted. For more information please review the University Drop Policy:
Weeks 5 and 6:
Monday, September 28th – Friday, October 9th
- To add or drop an ENGL course use the University add/drop petition.
- Students must complete the petition and email it to their instructor for approval. Electronic signature or email approval is acceptable.
- Emailed the competed petition with written reason for late add/drop to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy your instructor on the email.
- The Department Chair will review, approve, and forward the petition to the College of Arts & Letters for Dean approval.
- Approved petitions will be forwarded to the Registrar’s office to process the add/drop.
- Adds – Late fee $10.
Weeks 7 through 12:
Beginning Monday, October 12th
- Same as week 5 and 6 except the Deans signature is now required for Drops as well.
Reasons for withdrawal during this period include only medical or work related circumstances clearly beyond the control of the student; a student initiated job change, carrying an excessive course load, or inadequate preparation do not qualify.
After week 12:
Friday, November 20th
- No Drops except in cases of accident or serious illness – doctor’s note required. All signatures are required and the student must meet with an Academic Advisor in the Academic Advising Center.
Monday, December 14th – Friday, December 18th
- Absolutely NO drops.