Support Page Content
Sigma Tau Delta ΣΤΔ
Sacramento State hosts the Lambda Omega chapter of the Sigma Tau Delta (ΣΤΔ) International English Honor Society. Founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University, the Society has more than 900 active chapters, many of which are located across the world, including Europe, the Caribbean, and the United States. Since the establishment of our Lambda Omega chapter at Sacramento State in 1989, we have inducted more than 350 members.
Sigma Tau Delta offers students scholarships, publication opportunities, and a community of students who are enthusiastic about the study of English language and literature. Our chapter hosts social events, academic workshops, a reading club, and various other gatherings. Our Society strives to:
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies;
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities;
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members;
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and
- Serve society by fostering literacy.
Membership in the Lambda Omega chapter of the Sigma Tau Delta (ΣΤΔ) International English Honor Society is by invitation. Students who qualify for membership will receive an email from the Chapter Advisor to apply through our chapter. The Advisor will check the qualifications and, if approved, recommend that student for membership.
Student membership is available to undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled at a college or university with an active Sigma Tau Delta chapter and who meet specific academic qualifications. Here is more information on categories of membership and membership benefits.
We look forward to inviting new members to join our Lambda Omega chapter every Spring semester (at the start of April).
Welcomings, Reading Group, and Writing Workshops
- Fall Welcoming (September)
- Reading Group (Monthly)
- Workshop for Critical Essays in Sigma Tau Delta Review (Fall)
- Workshop for Creative Writing in Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle (Spring)
- Spring Welcoming (February)
- Summer Internship Opportunities (May)
Current Student Officers
- The President
- The Vice President
- The Secretary/Treasurer
- The Officer at Large/Historian
- Rosa Martinez, Ph.D., Assistant Professor in English | email@example.com
- Marianna Lilley, Administrative Support Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org